How Do I Reset My cPanel/FTP Password?
For security, we recommend changing all of your passwords every few months.
If your cPanel login no longer works and you are unable to login to cPanel, then your password was likely changed at some point in the past by you or a Web developer, so you will need to reset your cPanel password.
Did you know you can now login to cPanel through the LinkSky website? See help article, "How Do I Login to cPanel?"
To reset your cPanel/FTP password:
- Open your Web browser (Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari, etc.) and visit:
- Click "Login" in the top right corner of the LinkSky homepage
- Login using the email address on-file
- If you are not able to login to the LinkSky website, click the "Forgot Password?" button on the login page and follow the steps
- If you no longer have access to the email address on-file, contact LinkSky Support
- Click the "Services" menu item, which will open a dropdown menu
- Click "My Services" on the dropdown menu
- Click the "View Details" button to the right of the service you want to reset the cPanel password for
- Click the "Change Password" tab
- Enter your new password into the "New Password" field
- Enter your new password a second time into the "Confirm New Password" field
- Click the "Save Changes" button
- Note: The cPanel and FTP username and password are the same, so if you use FTP, then you will need to update the saved password in your FTP program/app.
- Login to cPanel
- Not sure how to login to cPanel? See help article, "How Do I Login to cPanel?"
Note: If you get an error when you try to set a new password, then the password strength is likely too low and cPanel will not allow simple passwords. Try entering a new password that contains at least 6-8 characters with lowercase letters, uppercase letters, numbers, and a symbol.